Henry County Schools’ Belief Statements:
· A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
· Facilitating open communication between school staff, learners, parents, and community promotes a sense of involvement and commitment to the entire educational process.
· A student’s education is enhanced by positive relationships, extra-curricular activities and a system of academic, emotional and spiritual support.
· Student learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
· Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches, including the use of technology, to support their learning.
· Students should be encouraged to participate in extra -curricular activities in order to develop leadership and teamwork skills outside the classroom.
· The school staff’s commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our schools are to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
· Faculty members should commit themselves daily to implement best instructional practices to reach each individual student.
· All Henry County School System employees should strive to become better each day in meeting the needs of the student.